When a person creates an original work that is fixed in a physical medium, that person automatically owns copyright to the work. Copyright ownership gives the owner the exclusive right to use the work in certain, specific ways. Many types of works are eligible for copyright protection, including audiovisual words, sound recordings and musical compositions, written works, visual works, video games and computer software, and dramatic works.
In some circumstances, it is possible to use a copyrighted work without infringing the owner’s copyright. For example, in the United States, copyrights are limited by the doctrine of “fair use,” which permits certain uses of copyrighted material, such as parody, satire, and social commentary.
Anime Ape accepts unsolicited designs from independent artists who are informed and have agreed to Anime Ape’s policies concerning the intellectual property rights of others. All designs selected by Anime Ape are new, original, and/or transformative works that may parody, satirize, or provide social commentary on other copyrighted works. Anime Ape and the selected designs make only fair use of the copyrighted works of others. Anime Ape respects the copyrights of others, and Anime Ape is not affiliated with the owners of the copyrights to which the selected designs may refer.
It is Anime Ape policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. § 512, and other applicable laws. Anime Ape’s response may include removing or disabling access to a design claimed to be infringing. If Anime Ape removes or disables access in response to such a notice, Anime Ape will make a good-faith attempt to contact the independent artist who submitted the design to Anime Ape so that the artist may make a counter-notification pursuant to Section 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA.
Please refer to the following detailed instructions which must be followed to protect your rights under the DMCA.
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right being infringed;
- identification of the copyright work or other material claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information sufficient to allow us to contact the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right being infringed.
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been disabled, and the location of the material before it was removed,
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that your material was disabled as a result of mistake or mis-identification of the material; and
- your name, address, and phone number, and a statement confirming that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (if in the United States), or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which site or the objectionable material may be found, and that you agree to accept service of process from the complaining party, or an agent of such person.
When you send us DMCA report, we understand that you have read and accepted statements below:
*I have a good faith belief that content(s) in the campaign described above violate(s) my rights described above or those held by the rights owner, and that the use of such content(s) is contrary to law.
*I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information completed above is correct and accurate and that I am the owner or agent of the owner of the rights described above.
1309 Coffeen Ave, #1200
Sheridan, WY 82801